Evolution

“You are a tough nut to crack man” my friend said with genuine interest on me…

I have been contemplating over that comment of hers for sometime now…

I am not just happy because it came from her but I feel really proud of myself in the way I have evolved over the last 5 years… Disappointments, betrayals, hurt, Cheating, Embarrassments, back-stabbing – Every time tears roll down my eyes, I asked God “Why me?”.. I seek answers from my friends, loved one’s, well-wishers, self-help books, even under the bottle of whiskey ;) Little did I know the answer lies within me. I recognized, all that made me cry converges to one point.. “MY EXPECTATIONS WERE NOT MET”

That was a Eureka moment. Probably a revelation too.. I realized that expectations led to disappointments. Since then I make it a point not to have any expectations from anyone, even my akin.

At the same time, I ensure that I am available for anyone when they need me, to share their joy with me, to vent out their emotions or to lean & cry because I strongly believe that the poorest of poor are those who don’t have companion to share their feelings. I ensure no one is left poor in my backyard.

You might think “What big deal? It’s a small things”.

All I wish to say is, in life, SMALL THINGS MEAN A LOT :)

2 comments:

Nagasaravana Perumal K I said...

sounds like a philosopher machi :)

Anonymous said...

Mm..Evolution happens and you have evolved as a good writer too apart from our speaking part:)! I like the way you put your thoughts.

Now my two cents about the thoughts .. Evolution is pain.You got to cross that pain to attain the clarity. But once we realise it evolving becomes easier! Evolution is therefore realisation:) And sad part is one has to realise it all by himself.You captured your realisation short and sweet! And when some one who we value gives a surprising comment about us it triggers a lot of thought in us..Isn't ..?

And above all you walk your words. You are a rich friend!